Do We Really Need Another Skin Tightening Treatment? 6 Reasons Why Renuvion is Different
Looking for a treatment to firm up your skin? You’re in luck. There are now a number of safe, effective, FDA-approved skin tightening treatments on the market—so many that it can be difficult to know which one is best for your skincare needs.
That said, a few standout options should make your shortlist. For those seeking Denver skin tightening options, we’ve just added a device called the Renuvion J Plasma.
Renuvion allows us to tighten sagging skin and is ideal for patients in their 40s, 50s, or early 60s concerned about mildly loose skin.
It’s something I’ve thoroughly vetted and can highly recommend. In fact, I believe it is among the most impressive skin tightening methods ever introduced to the market. Here’s what patients should know about Renuvion.
Renuvion at a glance
As our bodies age, it’s only natural to lose skin tone and elasticity. This can result in a sagging appearance anywhere on the body, from the jowls to the arms to the neck to the buttocks.
Renuvion allows us to tighten saggy areas without the need for surgical intervention. It is ideal for patients in their 40s, 50s, or early 60s who are experiencing some degree of loose skin which skin resurfacing and injectable fillers are not able to fully correct. (Somewhat younger and older patients can also benefit from the procedure in specific areas or circumstances.)
Here’s how it works: I create a small entry point, inserting the Renuvion device just below the skin. Once the device is inserted, it releases a mixture of helium gas and radiofrequency waves. Together, these two ingredients create plasma. In effect, this generates heat and cooling energy simultaneously, which causes the skin to contract and tighten up.
Does non-surgical skin tightening work? What makes Renuvion special?
With regard to Renuvion, my answer is an emphatic yes. Here are just a few of the reasons why I’d recommend it over other non-surgical skin tightening measures.
- Unlike resurfacing treatments that can treat surface issues but don’t do much for sagging, Renuvion remodels the top layer of skin and tightens underlying layers, producing a fundamentally smoother and noticeably lifted appearance.
- Effects are visible during treatment, so the procedure allows for precision. I can apply Renuvion directly to areas that need tightening and toning and see the effects as I go.
- It is the only device that uses helium and RF waves to create a stream of plasma energy. This unique technology delivers a level of efficacy that’s unmatched.
- The use of helium gas produces a cooling effect that mitigates any discomfort or pain during treatment. Post-treatment discomfort for treatment of smaller areas is typically managed with OTC pain medication alone.
- Where most non-surgical approaches require multiple treatments to see noticeable results, Renuvion usually delivers with just one treatment. You will see results shortly after the minimally invasive procedure and experience continued improvement thereafter. (Results will take some months to be fully realized.)
- Renuvion can be used in many areas of the face and body. From facial rejuvenation to neck wrinkles to sagging of the buttocks, Renuvion has proven to be effective.
The one caveat: non-surgical skin tightening does not work well for some patients.
If you have significant skin sagging, a surgical procedure (in which excess skin is removed and tissues are physically lifted) is still going to be your best choice. In these cases, non-surgical skin treatments may be applied later to enhance your surgical results.
Are there any Renuvion pitfalls to avoid?
Because the procedure is so effective—and the results can’t be undone—it’s absolutely critical to choose a doctor with a great eye for aesthetics. This will help you avoid unevenness or unbalanced results and ensure you safely get a naturally enhanced look.
Another pitfall is not understanding that some recovery is required. While this procedure is minimally invasive and not a true plastic surgery, it is a procedure that requires you to take some time for recovery. This varies quite a bit based on the treated areas, but expect at least one day away from work and normal activities. You may also have to wear a compression garment for a time. In any case, you will have some post-procedure discomfort and visible redness for a number of weeks.
Lastly, you’ll want to follow recovery instructions to the letter. As with any procedure, to get optimal results, you need to comply with doctor’s orders.
How much does non-surgical skin tightening cost? How does the cost of Renuvion compare?
Non-surgical skin tightening procedures can range from hundreds to thousands of dollars. It largely depends on how extensive your needs are and the areas you wish to treat. It can also depend on how widely available a given technology is, and the skill required to use it.
If you are currently having injectable filler treatments at regular intervals Renuvion may allow you to use less product in the future.
The procedures that are lower cost, in the $500-$1,000 range, typically require repeated treatments and getting noticeable results may cost $2000+ after 3-5 treatments. The advantage is that this lighter-weight class of skin treatment typically has no recovery time.
Renuvion does come in at a higher price point—expect a quote in the thousands depending on the areas you want to treat—but you won’t need repeated treatments. Consider also that if you are currently having injectable filler treatments at regular intervals, Renuvion may allow you to use less product in the future.
Most patients can find a suitable, affordable non-surgical treatment to improve their skin, particularly with the use of patient financing. If you’re in Denver, come in for a personal consult, and my team and I will supply you with a detailed and comprehensive fee quote.
More Questions About Renuvion?
If you still have questions about what makes this procedure unique—or want to know more about non-surgical skin tightening in general—I’d be happy to show you before-and-after photos of patients who had similar concerns and compare options with you. Contact my office at your convenience.