Breast Augmentation Options
The Right Surgeon for You
Once you have made the decision to pursue breast augmentation surgery, the most important step is finding the right Plastic Surgeon to perform your procedure. This means finding a surgeon whom you feel listens and understands your desired outcome. You need to feel comfortable sharing your questions and concerns about surgery. Dr. Buford will spend time during your initial consultation determining if you are medically fit for surgery and if your goals and expectations for outcome are realistic and can actually be accomplished. The combination of the right patient and the right surgeon is the right recipe for success.
The Right Procedure for You
As a highly skilled and experienced breast surgeon, Dr. Gregory A. Buford will discuss with you the right procedure for you. And while this may seem obvious, most people see breast augmentation as merely enlarging the breasts. This is simply not the case. Equally important is achieving an aesthetically pleasing shape that will both look beautiful and make you feel beautifully confident.
Depending on your breast shape and size before augmentation, Dr. Buford will recommend the procedure that will work best for your body and your desired results. At your consultation, he will discuss some or all of the following procedure options:
- Breast Lift with Augmentation: If your breasts are sagging a bit, you may need to have a breast lift at the same time as breast augmentation. This will ensure that your newly shaped breasts are perky, giving you an overall more youthful figure.
- Implant Placement: Breast implants can be placed subglandularly (over the chest muscle) or submuscularly (under the chest muscle). Which one is best for you depends on your existing breast tissue as well as your desired results.
- Procedure Timing: It’s important that you are prepared for your procedure, both physically and emotionally. Dr. Buford will make sure you know the details of surgery and recovery, so you can enjoy your breast enhancement experience more fully.
The Right Implant Choice for You
There is no one implant size or style that is “the best.” Each woman has unique aesthetic needs, and the “right” implant will vary greatly from woman to woman. Fortunately, you have plenty of options when it comes to breast implants today to help you dial in your new look. Among your options to consider:
- Implant Type: Saline or Silicone Gel, including the new highly cohesive Allergan Natrelle 410 gummy bear implants
- Size: this will determine the overall volume of your breasts
- Profile: this measures forward projection, ranging from moderate to high
- Shape: some women prefer round implants, while others opt for anatomically shaped implants
As you can see, you have a lot of choices you will need to consider for your breast implants. It is critical to work with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon like Dr. Buford to determine the specific size, shape, and style of implant that will work best for you. He schedules time for a personal sizing session for each patient, where he will take specific measurements, go over all of your options, and help you choose your implants.