Denver Facial InstaLift
Beauty is not only skin deep–in fact, the facial tissues beneath the skin are largely responsible for how refreshed and refined we look. Unfortunately, when these tissues begin to sag, they can take away from our natural beauty, causing jowling and drooping in the cheeks and mid-face.
If you’re just noticing these signs of aging, a surgical facelift may be a more drastic step than you need or want to take. But that doesn’t mean you have to wait until surgery is the only answer to address them.
Dr. Gregory Buford is one of few plastic surgeons nationwide to offer the Silhouette InstaLift™, a new FDA-cleared facial rejuvenation technology that uses very thin, absorbable implant to lift sagging tissues in the cheeks and mid-face, instantly reducing jowling and smoothing moderate cheek folds without surgery or downtime.
What is the Silhouette InstaLift?
The Silhouette InstaLift is a minimally invasive treatment that embeds a small, thread-like chain of multi-directional cones made from poly-L-lactic acid (the same substance used in Sculptra injections) to lift and reshape sagging tissues in the cheeks and mid-face. These tiny cones serve two important purposes:
- They help to anchor the underlying facial tissues into an instantly more lifted, youthful position
- They stimulate collagen rebuilding, providing a “scaffolding” for new collagen that will eventually take over the job of maintaining firmer, more youthful cheek and mid-face contour.
Minimal recovery, maximum results
Dr. Buford is highly experienced in minimally invasive facial rejuvenation, and performs the InstaLift as a 45-minute, in-office procedure using only local anesthesia. This not only provides a convenient solution for patients, but also eliminates many of the risks associated with surgery. Dr. Buford inserts a thin needle at two points on each side of the face to place the InstaLift device, adjusting the tension to achieve a subtle, natural lift.
Results are instantly noticeable, and mild, temporary bruising and swelling are typically the only side effects experienced after treatment. Most daily activities can be resumed immediately after treatment.
Over time, the poly-L-lactic acid in the InstaLift is naturally metabolized by the body, while the reinforced collagen supply will work to maintain your firmer, lifted appearance for several years.
Is the InstaLift right for you?
The InstaLift is not a substitute for a surgical facelift; it’s best to think of it as an interim treatment to address early signs of jowling and sagging in the mid-face, after these signs become bothersome, but before they progress too far. The most satisfied patients share the following characteristics:
- Mild to moderate jowling, sagging, or folding in the cheeks
- Medium skin thickness (treatment is less effective for patients with very thick skin)
- A desire for a subtle, but noticeable lift and reduction in jowling
- Preference for a non-surgical treatment without incisions or recovery
InstaLift + THERMI for the ultimate non-surgical face “lift”
Aging doesn’t affect each area of the face in isolation; if you have visible jowling, you also likely have noticed a loss of skin tone and elasticity in the cheeks and neck and/or sagging around the eyelids. By combining InstaLift with THERMI® skin tightening treatments, Dr. Buford can address aging at multiple levels to achieve comprehensive, long-lasting rejuvenation—without any surgery. For example:
- InstaLift + THERMITight® can reduce jowling and lift mid-face tissues while toning and tightening the thinner skin around the neck and jawline
- InstaLift + THERMISmooth Face® can lift sagging cheeks and jowls while firming the delicate skin around the eyelids and smoothing lines around the lips and eyes
Dr. Buford can also combine all three treatments or complement InstaLift and THERMI treatments with dermal filler injections to restore lost volume and rejuvenate facial contours from forehead to chin.
The best way to learn whether InstaLift is the right option for you is to meet with an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon. Dr. Buford specializes in innovative, personalized treatment plans for facial rejuvenation, often combining non-surgical treatment options to achieve long-lasting, natural results.