Breast Augmentation with Fat Grafting in Denver
With fat grafting, a beautiful breast augmentation without implants is possible
Breast augmentation consistently tops the charts as the most popular cosmetic surgery procedure, in Denver and nationwide. While the overwhelming majority of patients love what breast implants can achieve, not every patient who desires fuller, shapelier breasts wants or is a good candidate for implants.
You don’t necessarily have to choose between reaching your aesthetic goals and making the best choice for your personal needs. Dr. Gregory Buford is experienced in autologous fat transfer breast augmentation, a specialized technique that uses excess fat from the belly, hips or thighs, and relocates it to the breast to add natural fullness without implants.
With this highly advanced procedure, Dr. Buford can help you improve contours of your breasts and your body, enhancing your overall proportions with the peace of mind that comes from using your own, natural tissue.
Before you meet with Dr. Buford for your consultation, consider filling out our breast self-assessment. By sharing how you see yourself, we can best evaluate your aesthetic goals and determine an appropriate treatment plan for you.
How the procedure works
An autologous fat transfer to the breasts involves three basic steps. First, Dr. Buford performs liposuction to remove excess, unwanted fat from specified locations and sculpt a smoother, more aesthetically pleasing shape to the area. Next, he purifies the harvested fat, optimizing it for injection into the breasts. Finally, Dr. Buford injects the fat in the precise amounts and locations to achieve a fuller, rounder and more beautiful breast contour.
Because some fat is expected not to “take,” Dr. Buford may initially inject a greater amount with the expectation that your body will naturally metabolize some of the fat. Over time, results will settle to achieve the improvements you and Dr. Buford intended.
Benefits of fat transfer breast augmentation
- Improves breast shape or symmetry
- Achieves a modest breast size increase without implants
- Looks and feels 100% natural
- No risk for allergic reaction or rejection
- Helps you slim down “problem areas” such as a belly pouch, lovehandles or muffin top at the same time
- Enhances proportions of upper and lower body
- No scars on the breasts; only tiny scars in areas of liposuction
Am I a good candidate for fat transfer breast augmentation?
While Dr. Buford has the skill, training and experience to achieve beautiful, successful outcomes with even more substantial fat grafting procedures, it is a highly specialized procedure that is better suited to patients who:
- Desire a one-cup size or less augmentation. An autologous fat transfer is not meant to achieve the same degree of size increase as a breast implant.
- Have enough fat to take from the hips, belly, thighs or other areas to achieve the desired result. Fat grafting to the breasts requires a much greater amount of fat compared to facial fat grafting, for example. Very lean patients may not have enough available fat to achieve a great result.
- Have good skin tone and elasticity. Fat transfers are not meant to lift sagging breasts; breast lift surgery can better address sagging or stretched breast skin.
Improving results of previous breast augmentation with fat grafting
Dr. Buford can often use fat grafting to help patients perfect their look following a breast augmentation with silicone or saline implants. This can be a great option for those who want just a little more fullness—especially in the upper pole of the breast—to achieve their goals without having to undergo implant replacement surgery.
The procedure steps are virtually the same; Dr. Buford will adjust his technique to safely and methodically inject fat around the existing breast capsule to achieve your desired enhancement. He can also perform fat grafting during breast implant surgery to achieve just the right result the first time around; this can be a great option for those with more complex asymmetry than cannot be corrected with implants alone.